It’s been a week since the Blogapalooza event and here I am, just about to blog about the event. 😛
I saw Blogapalooza somewhere online and it piqued my interest. I browsed their site and got more information about it but for some reason, I cannot fully grasp the idea. The only reason I got excited about the event was the fact that there will be a lot of freebies to be given away. Hee hee hee!
I almost didn’t go to the event due to several factors:
1) I almost had to report for work last Saturday,
2) I didn’t know what to expect and I didn’t have someone to tag along and I don’t know anyone there,
3) I didn’t prepare my calling cards (I heard you need to bring them);
4) I needed to get home to the mountain city so I can bring my son back to the big metro for the next two weeks.
Well, guess what, I decided to attend and see what Blogapalooza was all about. Saturday work schedule was cancelled which was a good thing.
I arrived at SM Aura a few minutes before 10AM. I was planning to hang out at Starbucks for a while unfortunately, they open during mall hours, too. (Unlike other branches that open earlier than 10AM). Also, the MBP invite was to meet at Starbucks at 10AM, too. I thought I saw Jhanis of The Vanilla Housewife but I wasn’t too sure so I hesitated to approach her. Besides, I haven’t had breakfast yet and I was so in need of a caffeine shot and sugar boost in my system. She, together with May Palacpac of Fully Housewifed and Nhessie of Rolled Into One Mom dropped by Starbucks where I decided to hang out for a bit before going to the convention center. Well, I kinda forgot to take a photo of the group, though . 😀
How was it, you may ask. I was in for a surprise, actually. I used to go to a lot of wedding expos so I expected it to be something similar. And you get to bring home lots of flyers and business cards at the end of the day.
Boy, was I wrong! I got free loot bags from a lot of the booths after every visit. And for the others, if you participate in their mini games, you can even win additional prizes. And it doesn’t stop there. Each brand get to have a few minutes on stage to discuss about what they offer and bloggers get another chance to win their raffle. Cool, isn’t it? That’s the use of those calling cards. They use that for the raffle (well, apart from the obvious use, I mean).
I really didn’t have the luxury of time to stay until the end of the event, so I declined the offer of some of the bloggers to join the food tasting scheduled by Niu by Vikings. It was getting quite late and I was a bit worried about the traffic going home. And also, the clouds were getting dark and I was seeing signs of heavy rain.
Anyway, I really enjoyed going around the booths even if I didn’t participate in a lot of their mini games. I still got to bring home with me quite a lot of loots from the event. Here’s a few of those loots (I already gave the others away to my sis and my mom).
I also got a few pens, supplements, keychain, free food and other what-nots. 🙂 Just as what some of the other bloggers mentioned, it’s OK not to bring food but do bring your own drinks. A lot of food is offered at the event but no drinks. 🙂
And I also got a photo with Jhanis and May courtesy of The Walking Photobooth. I grabbed the copy of the photo from their fanpage:
And while roaming around, a lady from Canon offered to take my photo and have it printed out using their Canon Selphy printer:
I was not able to get a lot of photos from the event because of 2 main reasons:
1) I was too busy roaming around checking out the booths and their products, and
2) I am not used to having my photo taken alone in front of a lot of strangers.
LOL! I’m serious. If I was able to bring a friend, I might have had taken lots of photos. 😀
Here’s a few photos taken of the event:
I am not really familiar with Flawless’ products but since their game was darts (or rather, popping a “zit” in a form of a pink balloon), I lined up to pop a few balloons. 😀 It was the closest to playing darts again that I got after a long, long time. And their dart pin got a pink flight. So girly! 😀
When I visited Dr. Kong’s booth, I was offered a free feet assessment. It was found out that I am severely flat-footed and shouldn’t be wearing flats. Boo hoo! And I cannot wear stilettos, too. Only wedges or shoes with at least half an inch heels. 🙁
There were a whole lot more booths that I never got to take a photo of. But here’s my take away from the event for the next time:
- Be prepared. Bring calling cards, big eco bags and power banks. The eco bags will be for all the freebies you will be getting. Also make sure that you have your own wifi connection (either bring your own pocket wifi or make sure your data plan is properly working) because you will have to share a lot of things using your social media accounts as part of the activities. the faster you can post, the better. 😛
- Do not hesitate to join all the mini-games. The more you play, the more loots you get. 🙂
- Bring a friend so someone can take your photo to join a contest without feeling awkward. Besides, it will be more fun to share the experience with someone as well. 😀
- Clear out your schedule to be able to stay for the duration of the event. There are still a lot of contests towards the end of the day and you don’t want to miss out on the bigger prizes, too.
I am so looking forward to next year’s Blogapalooza. 😀