For about a year now, I have been buying the little boy’s diapers from Lazada because, I find it cheaper to buy from them than from the supermarkets. So with every promo period, I buy about 2-3 boxes of diapers which is good for about 2-3 months which gives me big savings in the end.
I have used a different brand of diaper for the little boy since he was born. I tried a few brands as well and to my dismay, I wasn’t satisfied with them. One of the brands I tried was a MamyPoko variant but I found the said variant not up to par with my preferred brand.
Last month, I saw Lazada’s promo for MamyPoko. With every purchase of MamyPoko diapers from Lazada using the code “FLYTOJAPAN”, you get a chance to win a trip to Japan for 2. Great deal, isn’t it? You can check the mechanics here. I was also chosen to receive a sample of MamyPoko pants to review so I gave it a go.
I received this earlier this month but I opted to delay trying this out on the little boy until the holidays when we are home in the mountain city (aka Baguio City). Given that the place is colder than in the big metro, the little boy’s diaper usage will really be tested. On the average, the little boy uses about 3 diapers each day when we are in the big metro – one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening when he goes to bed. In the mountain city, he uses about 4-5 diapers each day.
When I opened the pack and got one out, I was surprised to find a different kind of diaper compared to what I expected it to look. This one looks softer, more cloth-like texture with sturdier waist-band. It doesn’t look like it will tear easily. And it came with cute Winnie the Pooh designs on the front and the back.
I didn’t realize that there were 6 different designs and I wasn’t able to take a photo of all the cute designs they’ve got. Each nappy also comes with a roll-up tape at the back. This makes it easier for the soiled nappy to dispose. The package comes with instructions for disposal, too. Isn’t that cool?
OK, for the verdict. Here are the things I love about the MamyPoko Extra Soft Pants:
- While I am not well-versed with the specific materials used in diapers, I really like the outcome of MamyPoko Extra Soft Pants. The nappies are of soft, cottony-like materials but sturdy enough not to break when it is full of pee. Since the nappy is made of breathable materials, the little boy didn’t get any rashes as well. The seams are well sealed and doesn’t easily tear or break when putting it on the little boy.
- The waist band is wide but has a really nice fit. It doesn’t leave any marks on the little boy’s skin and it holds up pretty well when the nappy is already full. When the little boy’s pants is falling, the nappy stays in place. Oh and when the nappy is full, it is not bulky. Well, it is really not bulky whether it is full or not. And I love that. 🙂
- With the few days that the little boy wore this MamyPoko pants, I have yet to see one nappy that leaked. No leakages on this one. And when the nappy is full, the inside seams doesn’t tear and brings out gel-type materials out of it. No messy little gel-type thingy to clean from the little boy’s behind, that’s for sure.
- I love the roll-up tape. For diapers that comes with tabs, it is easy to dispose because you can use the tabs to tape the diaper shut after rolling it up. Most of the diaper pants I’ve seen doesn’t come with tabs, so having this rolled-up tape included makes it really easy for nappy disposal.
- The packaging comes with a lot of information: How To Wear, How To Dispose, Precautions, size charting and even the materials used. It was actually a surprise to see that they have a XXXL size. I honestly didn’t know of any other diaper that has this size in their offering. I was getting a bit worried about the need to find a larger size diaper if the little boy still wouldn’t be potty trained. He’s already on a XXL size and we’re still working on his potty training so knowing that there is a XXXL size out there is a relief as I now have a plan B in case potty training fails in the next few months.
If there’s one thing that I don’t like about MamyPoko Extra Soft Pants, it will be the price. LOL! I really find this variety really expensive – it’s about 3x the price of the current diaper my little boy uses. And using this long term will really put a dent in my budget plan. But, given how good this one is, I think the price has been justified. Will I continue to use this? Occasionally, yes. While I would not be able to afford this for daily use, this is a great nappy to have during travels as I would not need to worry about diaper changes or even leakages in the middle of the trip or any event.
So there. This variant really made me change my views on MamyPoko diapers, that’s for sure.
You can purchase MamyPoko from Lazada or in any leading supermarkets, groceries and drugstores. And if you purchase MamyPoko from Lazada, make sure to use the promo code “FLYTOJAPAN” to qualify for the promo. Promo runs until December 31, 2016. You still have a few days left to make your purchases. 🙂
Disclaimer: Some links contain affiliate links which would mean that when you make a purchase using such link, I may get commissions from it. You will not pay any additional charges when using these links.