It’s the second of December on my side of the world. But on the other side, it is still the first. Regardless, the twelfth month of the year is here. The year was long and yet so short, and here we are again, about to wrap things up for this year and planning on things for the next one ahead.
I was thinking of doing another photo challenge for this month but then I still have two days left on the photo blog challenge that I am working on. And it will overlap with the last few entries. So, I will forgo that for now. However, I am thinking of something fun to do this December. Probably my son’s 12 days of Christmas version or something like it. I’ll figure it out, eventually.
This time last year. It was a chaotic month to say the least. Well, chaotic but in a good way, I’d say. So here were the events of December last year:
December 1: my godson’s christening. Didn’t make it to the church. It was a pretty much long but short story. 😛 But we made it to brunch. 🙂
December 3: final fitting of the bride. 😛 Yep, road trip, food trip. It was good. 😛
December 9: my Dad’s 40 days. Missed the company year end party because I had to go home for the 40 days rites.
December 17: went back home again. This time to help out with the last minute preparations for my friend’s wedding. But I enjoyed a great afternoon joyride and great evening with friends before the crunch time began.
December 20: wedding day. Yep, I was the maid of honor who was missing during the reception because I cannot find a space beside the bride so I stayed at the back where, unfortunately, I have to literally share a seat with another friend. LOL!
December 24: spent the first Christmas without Dad. Attended late night mass then had a simple celebration at home with the family.
December 25: Lunch with the big bunch. Yep, my cousins and their families had lunch at home as is the tradition that are trying to revive.
December 26: Had to report back to work. First time after how many years that I have to work in between Christmas and New year again. 😛
December 28: reunion with my former team mates from previous company. Oh yeah, there were just the four of us. 😛
December 29: traveled back home for the New year. 😛
So, there. It was a tiring month to say the least. Somewhere in between those things were shopping sprees, visits to bazaars, went to the spa to get a massage, had coffee sessions with friends and grueling work schedules. And who would have thought that given that kind of schedule, I managed to conceive my son (not that I knew about it yet during those times).
This December, I’m not sure if I could say it will be more relaxed. Be the judge instead. So, this is what we have for this month:
– Scheduled visit to pedia-pulmonologist on Thursday and a possible (probable) visit to the regular pedia on Friday (or maybe Wednesday). Not sure how to fit the visit to the pedia-cardiologist yet because I will be needing her clearance before we visit the pedia-ophthalmologist for another surgery schedule
– Hoping real hard that the pulmonologist and cardiologist will issue clearances so we can proceed with the surgery. Hoping to schedule it real soon.
– I’ll be attending the wedding of my work colleague on Saturday, December 7. I will just be attending the ceremony as the date coincides with the company year end party. So, church in the afternoon then company party in the evening. I want to be included in the raffle draw, too.
– Another scheduled reunion with former team mates. Hopefully this year, there will be more of us.
– Of course, Christmas will be spent at home with family. And I am hoping that surgery will go well so we can really spend it there.
– there are lots of bazaars in the next several weekends and I am trying to find a schedule on when I can go visit them but at the same time, not compromising the time I spend with my kiddo.
Yep, there goes the activities for this month. Well, I get my usual two weeks off again this year. So, two weeks holiday vacation means two weeks of spending time with little Z. It is going to be his first Christmas this year. And hoping that we can push through with the surgery so that I can show him the lights at night. The Christmas lights are really pretty this year. And I know my kid will love the lights.
Okay, I’ve pretty much spent almost two hours on this post already mainly due to searching for photos. I wrote this while waiting for my son to wake up but it looks like he is enjoying sleeping in this morning since he was up until 3am due to gas. He’s feeling better now, thank God. With that said, I’ll end this now before I start on another topic that will be waaaaay off topic. Not that I have any specific topic here anyway. LOL!